Unless you have a very funny shaped disk drive all the files are "Flat"
:-)

I tend to agree stating SQLite is a "Flat file" somewhat oversimplifies
things to me as my definition of a "flat file" is a simple sequential
set of data written in no particular order and retrievable only by
opening the file and reading sequentially from start to finish to seek
out a particular data item.

Fred