I do see you problem has gone aways on further emails.

the two versions do not interact. SQLite is mostly backward compatible that is you can use newer versions of the software on older versions of the database. But not the reverse.

Stephan Brunner wrote:
Hi Jim,

[description and sample perl script for segfault-problem]

This might be related to  DBD::SQLite 1.13 defaulting to SQLite 3.3.7?
I tend to try and keep my PERL and SQLite Command line at the same
version.

How do the two (commandline-version and DBD::SQLite) interact?
The only interaction that comes in my mind is that I created the database
(test.db in the example) with the commandline-tool. If that causes the error
(which I will check tonight), then 3.3.7 wouldn't be completely backwards
compatible (not even for that simple DB)?

Or does DBD::SQLite link to the system-wide sqlite-libraries (I thought it
brings its own libs) or interact in other ways?

Thanks for the hint, I will definitly check that! But I'm only partially
hopeful...

Regards,
Stephan