hi,

its asymetric, its (seen from my home) 2mbit downstream and (i'm not sure) 384kbit upstream (but in any case less than 1mbit). the other direction wout be better for serving (now its better for surfing :-) but for my own purpose it is enough :-) at the end of the year 16mbit could be available in my region, so the upstream is 8 times greater then...
and its not to expensive...

cu, gg

Griggs, Donald schrieb:
Greetings, Günter,

Regarding: "...my server is running at home ... and has a dsl-(2mbit)
connection to the world."

Do you know if your connection is symmetric?   In the U.S. most all home DSL
circuits are ADSL, with the upload maximum speed just a fraction of the
download maximum.

Places like http://dslreports.com/tools will let you run some speed tests --
though I imagine a European test site would be a better choice for you.