Hi Tom,

----- Original Message -----
From: "T&B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:47 PM
Subject: [sqlite] SQLite GUI app that offers layouts

> Hi all,
>
> There seem to be several SQLite GUI apps around. But I haven't seen
> any that offer building of layouts, ie positioning test frames for
> fields on a page for form data entry or printing. This feature is
> typical of proprietary apps such as FileMaker, AppleWorks, 4D etc.
>
> Anyone know of a GUI app that offers layouts (ie form creation),
> especially on a Mac (but even other platforms)?

DBManager Enterprise Edition (http://www.dbtools.com.br/EN/dbmanagerpro) can
do that. It has a form designer which allows to create and execute forms
like MSAccess does. This manager is for windows only and there is a TRIAL
Edition which you can test and see how it works.

> Is there a conventional way to store the layout information in the
> SQLite database itself, so it can be moved from one SQLite GUI app to
> another, and retain compatible forms?

I doubt you will find something like. Usually the form is handled only by
the GUI which created it. For example, you can't execute MSAcess forms on
any other GUI. Because of that it doesn't matter if the form is saved in the
SQLite DB or not, since most GUI's will not know what to do with it.

Hope that helps,

COS