On 11/2/06, Rob Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a small database in which tables have columns that were created
as integer primary key, but not autoincrement.  I would like to make
sure keys are never reused, so I want to add autoincrement to the column
definition.  Is that possible?

As near as I could tell from the docs, it's not possible to alter a
column at all.  There's no ALTER COLUMN clause available for the ALTER
TABLE statement.  Is that correct?

Create a new database with the proper attributes and copy your data to it.
Then swap the old one out and replace it with the new one.

--
SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com