I am running into a situation where on linux (fc5 and debian3) I have
a transaction that is consistently failing using sqlite 3.3.7. The
same transaction completes on windows every time.

I have a large database (1.2gb) that i run a transaction on. In
windows the journal file for this transaction reaches about the same
size as the datafile. In linux the journal stops growing around 1gb
and the transaction fails.

If i run this same transaction on a smaller database (same schema less
data) then the transaction will complete. Unfortunately this isn't a
realistic option for me.

Has anybody else run into anything similar? Is there anything i need
to do in linux that i don't have to do in windows?

Any advise?
thanks
Preston