From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of P Kishor
Sent: 27 November 2006 20:59
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Saving tables

SQLite is the C library that does all the db magic. You have to
somehow get to that library, which you can do from a program written
in a variety of different languages, even GUI programs, or, from
another confusingly similar named program called sqlite or sqlite
shell. Since the jump from version 2 to version 3 of SQLite, the C
library, made the data incompatible between the two versions, the
version 3 of the shell is called sqlite3 usually... it uses the SQLite
library version 3.x

Here is what I did (my comments in-line)

> sqlite3 foo.sqlite

# called sqlite3 with a db named foo.sqlite
# since foo.sqlite didn't exist at first, sqlite3 helpfully created it

> CREATE TABLE bar (a, b);
> INSERT...

# CREATEd a table and inserted a row into it.

> .quit

# got out in a hurry (that was a .dot command, specific to sqlite3, the
shell)
# time passed

> sqlite3 foo.sqlite

# this time foo.sqlite existed, so sqlite3 just opened it up

> SELECT * FROM bar;

# the table bar was there, and had my data in it.

On 11/27/06, sebcity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I typed exactly what you typed there and i get
> SQL error: no such table: bar
> my command window doesnt have : "sqlite3 foo.sqlite" like yours
>

> P Kishor-2 wrote:
> >
> >>sqlite3 foo.sqlite
> > SQLite version 3.3.7
> > Enter ".help" for instructions
> > sqlite> CREATE TABLE bar (a, b);
> > sqlite> INSERT INTO bar (a, b) VALUES (1, 'my mp3');
> > sqlite> .quit
> >
> > .. time passes..
> >
> >>sqlite3 foo.sqlite
> > SQLite version 3.3.7
> > Enter ".help" for instructions
> > sqlite> SELECT * FROM bar;
> > 1|my mp3
> > sqlite>
> >

> > On 11/27/06, sebcity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I created a table.
> >> I populated the table.
> >> I exited SQLite.
> >> Started SQLIte again.