For several months now I have been providing a Java JDBC driver for
SQLite 3. Now I am happy to announce with v030, the completion of a
100% Pure Java version.

http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc

This is accomplished with the support of the great NestedVM project.
The SQLite C source is compiled by gcc to a MIPS binary, that is then
dynamically interpreted on top of the Java runtime. This involves a
performance hit but greatly simplifies inclusion in current projects
and delivery cross-platform.

The native JNI version has not been abandoned, and binaries are still
provided for Windows and Mac OS X. Linux can be directly compiled.

The new native version has been extensively tested, with the only
major caveat at the moment being the size of the binary. I believe it
can be greatly reduced from the current ~ 800kb, I just do not have
the time.

I hope someone finds this useful. The code is all under a BSD license.