On 2/5/07, Dennis Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Shane Harrelson wrote:
> Perform 50 transactions of 1000 inserts each (50000 total).

Shane,

Is this your normal usage pattern? Inserting records in blocks of around
1000 per transaction. Or would you be more likely to insert using 1000
transactions of 50 records, or perhaps only a single record per transaction?

Dennis Cote

Yes, it's typical.   Each database instance is typically composed of
around 50k records, all inserted in a single pass.  If I could do
larger transactions (or not do them at all) I would, for if I
encounter an error I have to discard all records - my application is
extremely non-fault tolerant.

Is there anyway to disable journaling completely?  I'm not certain
that for my application it gains me anything.