I'll do that.  I was troubled enough by that bug report and this new testing
info to be so motivated.  :-)

If I think about it, the copy method has "filename" as an argument, and a dump
method for the tcl driver would need that too.  All other methods I believe do
not need to specify the filesystem particulars (i.e. a filename path).

Is that (partly?) why the copy is not tested and why there is no db1 dump
filename method?

-T

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Travis Daygale  wrote:
> That is useful to know (i.e. non-testing of the shell).  Thanks.
>
> Does "the core" include the tcl driver (what I use)?  (It must- the driver is
> in there and the testing is done with tcl, all of this being partly why I
> chose tcl for my app- but I want to make sure I'm not somehow
> misunderstanding...)

Everything except the COPY command is tested.

> Then:
>
> How might one do the equivalent of a .dump from a trivial tcl script (and
> therefore avoid the shell)?   Sort of a reverse "copy" method... and not the
> same as logging (trace).  Is there a way to dump from tcl?  Am I being stupid
> here- I haven't seen it...
>
> Based on the testing info, if one could do this, presumably one would have a
> (more reliable) dump/backup in a simple script.  (And if it happens that
> one's sqlite code is tcl using the tcl driver, as mine is, so much the better
> in all kinds of ways including crossplatform considerations.)

It would probably not require more than a few lines of TCL code to
implement a "dump" command as a TCL proc.  Why don't you work something
up and post it on either the TCLers wiki or on the SQLite wiki or
both?

--
D. Richard Hipp