Igor Tandetnik wrote:
Stef Mientki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This might be a stupid question,
but how do you store quotes in textstrings ?

Is it really so that you have to replace,
both single and double quotes,
each time you read or write something ?

You need to escape single quotes if you insist on putting string literals directly into queries. No other characters need to be escaped.
I've to translate doublequotes too,
possibly because I'm using double quotes around textfields ??,
Is that wrong ?

btw, I'm writing (or maybe I should say "trying to write") another raw database manager (open source),
so I must be able to do everything that's legal.
See also sqlite3_mprintf.
where can I find that (looked in the SQL wiki, but couldn't find it)

However, I recommend using parameterized queries and binding your strings to parameters. Then you don't need to worry about escaping at all.
Sorry don't know what "parameterized queries" and "binding strings to parametrs" are,
can you give me link where I can find some more information.

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Igor Tandetnik