jp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anybody tried to build a query-only (select only)
> version of sqlite?
>
> I need to make a read-only version, without all the
> CREATE xxx, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, etc., for
> reporting purposes, which in theory should result in a
> significantly smaller .dll.
>
> Just like Acrobat has Acrobat Reader, I think sqlite
> could have a "sqlite reader", suitable when you just
> want to deploy the database.

Building a read-only version of SQLite is easy if you
don't care about leaving all of the (unused) writing
code in place.  But you are the first person to ask me
about a read-only version of SQLite that also cares
about the footprint.  As far as I know, this has not
been done before.

What are you doing that the 250K standard SQLite is
too big for you?

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>