Stef Mientki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Q1:
What's the difference between ON and WHERE,
the 2 statements below return exactly the same ?
<SQL-1>
SELECT       Patient_text.*, Opnamen.*
 FROM       Patient as P
 INNER JOIN Patient_text, Opnamen
 ON         P.PatNr = Patient_text.PatNr
 WHERE      P.PatNr = '00001'
</SQL-1>

<SQL-2>
SELECT       Patient_text.*, Opnamen.*
 FROM       Patient
 INNER JOIN Patient_text, Opnamen
 WHERE      Patient.PatNr = Patient_text.PatNr
   AND      Patient.PatNr = '00001'
</SQL-2>

These two queries are equivalent. The difference between ON and WHERE becomes important when the query involves outer joins.

Q2:
Why isn't ALIAS supported in the JOIN-line, or am I doing something
wrong ? <SQL>
SELECT       Patient_text.*, Opnamen.*
 FROM       Patient
 INNER JOIN Patient_text, Opnamen AS O
 WHERE      Patient.PatNr = Patient_text.PatNr
 AND        Patient.PatNr = '00001'
</SQL>

What exactly do you believe is not supported? Do you get an error with this statement? It looks good to me.

Q3:
In the SQL help on the web, I read:
"/join-op/ ::= *, *|* *[*NATURAL*]* *[*LEFT *|* RIGHT *|* FULL*]*
*[*OUTER *|* INNER *|* CROSS*]* JOIN*"
But when I try a RIGHT JOIN, I get an error message ???

SQLite doesn't support right outer joins at this time, only left joins. By the way, SQL syntax supported by SQLite is documented here

http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html

And here are the limitations: http://www.sqlite.org/omitted.html

Igor Tandetnik