---- P Kishor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Ludvig Strigeus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at using Sqlite as a storage backend for a program. Using SQL is
> > a little bit overkill and much more than we need. How complicated would it
> > be to interface to the btree subsystem directly? Sqlite seems very modular
> > from the looks of it, but has anyone attempted anything like this before?
> >
> > The functionality I need is key->value maps with support for lookup by an
> > exact key, insertion, iteration of all keys in the database, removal.
> > Transactions would also preferably be needed.
> >

> why bother with SQLite then? Use the right tool for the job -- use BerkeleyDB.
>

> --
> Puneet Kishor http://punkish.eidesis.org/
> Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/

Size is a constraint for me.
I see that SQLite can be around 170KB where BerkeleyDB is around 500K.
I also see that the SQL statements can be converted to byte code.
Is this byte code more efficient that the SQL statement in code size?
I'm looking at embedding a DB of some type into a Single Board Computer with no
OS.