I have been looking around at handy way to implement elaborate functions in Sqlite. Implementing PL/SQL came to mind but recently it struck me that Javascript has data rules very similar to Sqlite and has the useful property that all executables are just data.

Does anyone have views for or against Javascript as an embedded language for realizing functions? I see as a positive its data typing affinity with Sqlite and its widespread usage and a large base of active programmers.