From: Darren Duncan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:45 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: RE: [sqlite] SQLite and nested transactions

At 9:20 AM -0400 4/10/07, Samuel R. Neff wrote:
>Under what circumstances would an older version of SQLite be
>used to rollback a newer journal?

Situations I am thinking of include wanting to use multiple
application programs with the same database, and each one includes a
different version of SQLite due to one being newer than other or some
such.  Or a user upgrades an application, which as a newer SQLite,
then finds the program has problems and they revert back to the older
version while waiting for a fix.

Think of the SQLite database file like an ordinary user application
document; users don't usually expect that editing a document with a
newer version of a program will stop them from later editing it with
an older one.  Sure that happens, but it shouldn't happen any more
than necessary.

Well, I am mainly thinking about the concurrent use of the database
with 2 different applications is the more likely scenario where the
backwards compatability would help.

-- Darren Duncan