Liam Healy wrote:

Arjen,

I've taken another look at these bindings, and at my project. For a variety of reasons, most not related to the sqlite3 Fortran bindings, I have decided to proceed in a different direction. However, on closer examination of the Fortran bindings and other language bindings to sqlite3 (C and Common Lisp via CLSQL), I notice that there is no equivalent of sqlite3_get_table. This
would make my use of a Fortran interface considerably more difficult.  At
first I thought there was no equivalent of sqlite3_exec but on closer
examination it appears that sqlite3_do performs that role.

Hello Liam,

hm, I have always thought of sqlite3_get_table() as a mere convenience function. From the documentation it seems to be fairly easy to wrap this function as well
(some care needs to be taken about the allocated memory, so the Fortran
version would use an argument of type "character(len=*), dimension(:,:), pointer" that the Fortran user should deallocate - no need to call sqlite3_free_table()).

Yes, sqlite3_do is a wrapper around sqlite3_exec(). I do not remember why
I chose that particular name - possibly to avoid any potential name clash, or
because I found the verb "do" more appropriate ;).

Even if you are not going to use these bindings, thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Arjen