A.J.Millan wrote:
John Elrick wrote:

Tim Anderson wrote:

We are working on a project for the Census Bureau and needed an
embeddable database that was zero configuration for the user and fast.
We evaluated SQLite against numerous competitors...

IMHO, a bit exaggerated the "numerous competitors" part of the sentence.  In
fact there are not so many dbases that match the proposed conditions for
it's Bureau.

We evaluated a total of six, including two which would have required some configuration by the user. I guess it depends upon your definition of "numerous", but I'd personally accept a half dozen as fitting that fuzzy description.

John