Hello Igor,
     Are you a DBMS guru, especially SQLite internals? I am looking for some
reviewer and blog writers for my "Inside SQLite" Short-cuts (a small on-line
book) from O'Reilly. Will you be interested to be one of them?

  Regards,
  Sibsankar Haldar

Igor Tandetnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> I'm a tad bit confused with sqlite3_finalize() usage when the query
> fails. As it is, I'm assuming it releases resources and I use it in
> this context:

> rc = sqlite3_prepare_v2(/* ... */);
> if (rc != SQLITE_OK)
> {
> sqlite3_finalize(stmt);
> /* ... */
> }

This doesn't make any sense. If prepare fails, you do not have a valid
statement handle to call finalize on.

Igor Tandetnik