I believe the most important factor in whether connection pooling will be
useful is how complex your schema is.  The more complex your schema, the
longer it will take to open a new connection.

Remember the choice should not be between using a single static connection
and a connection pool but should be between creating a connection every time
you need one and using a pool.  So concurrency does not change with a
pool--you still have many connections.  The only difference is you're
reusing connections so you don't have to parse the schema so much.  Also,
SQLite's cache is done on a connection basis so reusing connections can give
you some performance improvements in that data will already be cached from a
previous call (assuming subsequent calls use similar data pages).

The link I pointed to is Win32 only dll.  However, Mono 1.2.4 uses the same
source code as the link I pointed to (presumably with cross-os mods).
Here's a post with more info:

http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com/forums/thread/2624.aspx

I'll post my connection pooling code as soon as I have time.

Best regards,

Sam

We're Hiring! Seeking a passionate developer to join our team building
products. Position is in the Washington D.C. metro area. If interested
contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]