I am using sqlite in an embedded application. The data store table will be in its own file. The data acquisition application will be storing a row every 1 to 5 seconds and cannot be interrupted for more than a couple seconds.
A web server will access the table for read access in two ways.
First, a live view of incoming data will read the latest row every 1 to 5 seconds. No problem there.

The second method is the problem as I see it. The user will be able to request a copy of the last 12 hours, 7 days, or the entire data set, to be sent to a USB stick or over the network. The data set will be stored in comma delimited format.

In order to not interrupt the writing of data from the DAQ application I think I should replicate the table or database and then dump the required interval into comma delimited file.

Would a simple OS file copy of the database file be the quickest way to copy the table? Locking it first, do a filecopy and then unlock?

Any other way to copy it faster?

Scott

--

-
   Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn

Thomas Jefferson