From: Dwight Ingersoll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:11 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Is SQLite Case Sensitive?

--- Lee Crain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am working on an application where I am importing
> data for which great care has NOT been taken to
> ensure uppercase and lowercase letters have been
> entered appropriately.

Just a suggestion:  This sounds like it's a candidate
for some data scrubbing and cleanup rather than trying
to code for a lot of 'what if' scenarios, especially
since you indicate that the data is pretty freeform.
It will probably save a lot of development time and
make future debugging easier if your data is in a
known consistent state rather than the currently
somewhat random state you implied.