Would it help if you didn't have the "const" in the declaration? (I haven't tried - just an idea...)

  Dennis

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Cariotoglou Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am having problems building 3.4.2 from the amalgamated source,using
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

 (this is the first time I am trying to use
the amalgamated source). I get the following errors:

Error   1       error C2133: 'sqlite3UpperToLower' : unknown size
Error   37      error C2133: 'sqlite3OpcodeNames' : unknown size
Error   184     error C2133: 'sqlite3IsIdChar' : unknown size

strangely, I can build fine When using the separate source files. I do
not know enough C/C++ to understand
why the error occurs. I suspect it has to do with order of declarations
in the source file.

Note that all three errors have to do with internally declared arrays.
in the separate source, they are declared
as "extern", but in the amalgamated source they become "static".

can somebody help please ?

See http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2574

Apparently VC++ does not like for you to declare a constant
with file scope before the constant is defined.  I do not
know how to work around this problem.  Perhaps someone who
better understands the quirks of VC++ can help.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>