Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Compiled without -DSQLITE_DEBUG=1 which presumably changes the timing.
>
> cvs up -A
> make distclean
> # thrd35.c = http://marc.info/?l=sqlite-users&m=118848741522192&w=2
> cp thrd35.c src/shell.c
> ../configure --disable-shared && make LIBPTHREAD=-lpthread sqlite3
> ../sqlite3
> valgrind -v ./sqlite3 2>&1 | tee v.log

I can reproduce this problem only when I compile
with -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0.  In other words, if I
disable the mutexes completely, so that no mutex
is ever called (the mutexing routines are all no-ops)
then I can reproduce the problem.

Amazingly enough, the test program works OK most of
the time even with mutexes all disabled.  But every
now and then I get the segfault.

It's a weak thread-test that works OK must of the
time with mutexes disabled.  :-)   Or perhaps it is
a very robust database engine  ;-)

Please recompile with -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 and let me
know if you are still having problems.  I thought that
SQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 was the default, but I could be
mistaken.  Are you using the configure script?

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>