--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_=D6nnerby?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > The new multithread-features will be great.
> > Do you think that it will be better to share one connection between all
> > theads in an application or is better to have each thread open a new
> > connection and use the sqlite3_enable_shared_cache?
>
> I think you will be much much better off to put every
> thread it is own private address space.  In other words,
> turn each thread into a separate process.  Threads are
> an invention of the devil.  Stay as far away from these
> fiendish abominations as you can get.

:-)

>From a library maker's point of view, I can see your point.
But from a library user's perspective, it's often more convenient to
use threads over a multi-process approach.

Event-based asynchronous coding tends to turn your code inside out.
Many users like the simpler linear style of coding within a thread
that keeps business logic together - the Java way.

Multi-threading headaches typically stem from manual shared memory
coordination. Here's one alternative to mutexes that's getting some
attention, but probably needs built-in language support to be effective:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory