Joe Wilson wrote:
If your database storage device cannot guarantee an exclusive file lock, then any database write can potentially result in corruption.

If you control all SQLite clients' code, you could recompile sqlite
to use the file-based dotlockLockingStyle convention via
  -DSQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE=1

But even if a single client does not use that locking convention, you still risk corruption.
Joe,

Thanks for the input. I absolutely control all of the SQLite clients - they are just unique instances of my (Tcl-based) application. I am unaware of the mentioned "dotlockLockingStyle" convention. Can you (or anyone else) point me to some web-based information?

Thanks again.

Jeff