I get the index for LIKE working by specifying COLLATE in the CREATE TABLE:
CREATE TABLE test (name STRING COLLATE NOCASE), but...

IT> Besides, your statement uses OR in the WHERE clause. An index can't be
IT> used for such query even if you had plain old equality test in place of
IT> LIKE.

You're right, the index isn't working with OR. I thought I can create two
separate indexes: on name and on email, and when I execute a query with "name
LIKE 'value' OR email LIKE 'value'" both indexes would be used. But that's not
happening.

telega)