> Note that your example of two threads attempting to update the same
> record at the same time is consistent with this theory -- in
> either case SQLITE_BUSY (or similar) is likely to occur on one of the
> threads.

I see now that I am also likely wrong about this. In the shared
connection case, the modifications will simply be serialized. Correct?

I take it this mean that if, say, thread A begins a transaction, and
modifies the database, then thread B modifies the database, then thread
A commits the transactions, B's modifications are also committed?