I'm sure I can use some #defines to point to my own malloc, realloc, and free routines. Unfortunately, it may be some time before I get to this so I'll have to stick with 3.5.1 for now.

Before I do that, I'm going to have to study the later source to try to get a better understanding of what you are trying to accomplish with the memory management changes.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Mark Spiegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just started looking at 3.5.2 and notice that support for SQLITE_OMIT_MEMORY_ALLOCATION was removed. This is a problem for me. Is there some reasoning behind this?

Yes.  We are doing a lot of experimental work on the
memory allocation.  See

   http://www.sqlite.org/mpool/timeline

We quickly found that the SQLITE_OMIT_MEMORY_ALLOCATION
feature severely limited our options in designing new
memory allocation architectures.  We might to back with
some other means of providing user-definable memory allocation
in the future, but for the time being you have to either
use malloc, or else use SQLITE_MEMORY_SIZE to enable the
zero-malloc memory allocator.

Can you compile with macros like this:  -Dmalloc=my_app_malloc
-Drealloc=my_app_realloc -Dfree=my_app_free to get the effect
you want?

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>