On Nov 17, 2007 2:22 PM, P Kishor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I need to build a DBD::SQLite package using SQLite with fts
> capabilities. Can someone on this list kindly give me painless, easy
> to understand instructions to do so? I need to do this on a Mac OS X
> 10.4 first, and then on my web host subsequently (running some flavor
> of Linux, natch).

ok, let's try this again.

I found instructions for building a loadable extension at
<http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LoadableExtensions>

Note to Richard on the subject of improving the website -- please make
such instructions easier to find by perhaps linking them somewhere
prominently under "building or compiling" right off the download page
for the source code.

That said, I tried to build the fts2 extension and got the following --

$ tar xvzf sqlite-3.4.2
$ mkdir sqlite-3.4.2-build
$ cd sqlite-3.4.2
<edit Makefile.in by commenting line 119 to enable loadable extensions>
<line 119: # TCC += -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1>
$ cd ..
$ cd sqlite-3.4.2-build
$ ../sqlite-3.4.2/configure LIBS=-ldl
$ make
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="`pwd`:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
$ gcc -I`pwd` -shared ../sqlite-3.4.2/ext/fts2/fts2.c -o fts2.so
i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: unrecognized option '-shared'
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_sqlite3Fts2HashClear
_sqlite3Fts2HashFind
_sqlite3Fts2HashInit
_sqlite3Fts2HashInsert
_sqlite3Fts2InitHashTable
_sqlite3Fts2PorterTokenizerModule
_sqlite3Fts2SimpleTokenizerModule
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

so, this is the first step that I have surmount. Once this is done, I
would really like fts2 to not be shared but be permanently jammed into
sqlite3 so I don't have to load it manually (unless, there is any
significant advantage to building a shared library).

Once I am successful with the above, I would like to build a
DBD::SQLite with my new library.

Many thanks for your guidance.

--
Puneet Kishor