Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:19 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > > I have finally tracked down a bug that has plagued by vxWorks
> > > port.  It
> > > appears that our file system's implementation of ftruncate() does
> > > not like
> > > to "truncate" a file larger than its current size, and returns
> > > EINVAL for
> > > this operation.
>
> This is interesting - ftruncate's behavior is not defined by POSIX
> in this case.  SQLite shouldn't rely on the commonly implemented
> zero-fill extension.

It doesn't.  In fact we didn't realize the ftruncate() was
being called with values larger than the current file size.

I have been looking into the problem.  It apparently only
occurs when you have autovacuum enabled.

It looks like attempt to ftruncate() to a larger size can
simply be ignored and everything continues to work.  We will
make sure that ftruncate() does not get called with a size
larger than the current file size in future releaes.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>