> BTW, several PRAGMAS actually increase performance in my embedded app
> case - maybe 15-30% depending upon transaction activity and the way I
> structure transaction commits. Specific PRAGMAS that helped include:

   This is exactly what irritates me about conversations like this - the
pragmas you cite as improving performance for you, in your unspecified
situation, do so "depending upon" other things you do.  Even by your own
example changing pragmas alone isn't enough.  Nor do you provide enough
information for someone else to know whether your settings would be
helpful in their situation.

   In the words of a local talk show host... You're making my point!

   -T