Hi Richard and all,

Back in January I reported that earlier bugs (October) seemed to have been fixed (thank you).

I think I've discovered yet another bug in the CSV output using the sqlite3 command line tool.

Here's a sample of the new bug:

.mode csv
select 'a=1,234', 'b=5';

gives:
a=1,234,b=5

but should give:
"a=1,234",b=5

I'm using sqlite 3.4.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.1.

CSV (comma separated values) output should show value1,value2,value3 etc. If a value contains a comma, then csv should encapsulate that value in quotes: "value,1",value2,value3. And if a value contains a quote, csv should also encapsulate that value in quotes and show the quote as a double quote, eg "value,1","value ""2""",value3

Sqlite3 seems to ignore the need for quotes in a value that contains an equals "=". I don't know if it also fails with other characters.

Needless to say, this messes up the output considerably, placing output in the wrong column.

Am I missing something? Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Tom