Hey!

Yes, indeed, it is doing a sequential scan according to EXPLAIN. Still, the
slowness is unbelievable in such a small database. The whole db takes 11Mb,
and doing a LEFT JOIN between a few hundred and a few thousand of rows on a
"Core 2 Duo" taking 6 seconds is... I don't even know what it is :P There
must be something very strange going on... I suppose it is not possible to
create indexes on views, right?

I'll play some more with queries and try to figure out if I can tweak this.
If not, then I guess I'll unfortunately have to move to PostgreSQL :-(

Cheers!

Hugo Ferreira