Good afternoon all,

I'm working on a project using Sqlite. I'm using a query to fill a
table presented to the user.
I'd like to be able to edit the data cell by cell. I can easily call
the column metadata
functions and get the database, table, and column where that data came from.
If I want to update it then I need the rowid or key for that piece of data too.
If the original query is a join can you get any information on the
fields used for the join?

for example:

select Role.*, User.Name
 from Role
 join User on User.RoleId = Role.Id
Where User.Id = 6

If they try to edit a column from the Role table how do I get to Role.Id?
If I can get Sqlite to tell me what it used to select the row in the result set
it would be much easier that the alternatives.

Thanks.

Happy New Year!

The PixAddixImage Collector suite:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pixaddix

SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com