On Jan 1, 2008 4:58 PM, Kees Nuyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You know the query, and also the schema, for example from
>         PRAGMA table_info(tabelname);
> That includes primary key info.
> Merge that with the info from the resultset and you know what
> you need to know, don't you?

Almost. If the join isn't done using the primary key then knowing the
primary key isn't helpful.
Parsing the textual output from a pragma doesn't seem very elegant,
fast, or like a good long term practice.

> Ok, you don't get the primary key or ROWID unless you explicitly
> ask for it. That's SQL ;)

Yes. that's why I wanted to find out if the engine could tell me what
it's doing internally.

These functions:
const char *sqlite3_column_database_name(sqlite3_stmt*,int);
const char *sqlite3_column_table_name(sqlite3_stmt*,int);
const char *sqlite3_column_origin_name(sqlite3_stmt*,int);

Do most of what I need, but not all of it..