Let me be more clear.  There's very little data, and I want to help my client
be able to expand his business, so the first step is automating what he's
been doing by hand.  I can get the excel data into sqlite no problem -- and
wish to do so in order to START doing automated stuff with the data -- but
would like to PRESENT (and only present) the data in the familiar
spreadsheet manner.

This is a general problem: many people use excel as a database only because
of how nice it looks once they add coloring, and because it's easier to,
say, have the three address fields as three columns, even though logically
it should be a separate table Addresses.  So, I'd like to have the same
familiar input view without having the client worry about the details (which
column is really what table, etc) and also to be able to color it as he has
done to date.  So, is there is a free gui frontend to sqlite that will do
it, or do I have to code one myself?

Thanks!