DRH wrote:

>Legacy applications should continue to work.  You might get a
>compiler warning about a type mismatch on the 2nd parameter to
>sqlite3_trace().  But calling a 2-parameter function with 3
>parameters is suppose to be harmless in C.

Harmless in C, but not so in other languages. I therefore suppose that the
change will break compatability for quite a few non-C applications.

Given that it does break backward compatability for many (I personally would
not mind given the feature enhancement), I also would not mind to see further
enhancements along the line suggested by Roger.

Ralf