Roger Binns wrote:

>The biggest problem with the trace api is that there is no way to find
>out what the bound parameters were.  If an application follows best
>practise using bound parameters all over then the trace api is rather
>useless.

Thanks for bringing this up again. There was a thread about how to retrieve
bound parameters from a prepared (and bound) statement some time ago. Responses
quite some interest in such functionality. Dan finally came up with a very
smart, but unfortunately slow, workaround-solution. Search the archive for
"sqlite3_bound_int" to find it.

I agree with your proposal and believe that it would make a nice addition to
the profile callback.

More specifically, I would like to see in the callback a pointer to the
currently running statement, plus its origin as proposed by Richard (SQL,
Trigger, etc). I believe that the statement contains almost all information
ever required, like SQL, bound parameters, and future additions. It only needs
a few access functions to make use of them, but they will not require
additional changes to the profile API.

Ralf