The System.Data.SQLite wrapper that others have mentioned is wonderful.  I
would go the ADO.NET route 'cause it'll fit into your .NET application much
better.  The overhead is minimal compared to the normal cost of running
database queries (in any database).

However, if you really want to skip ADO.NET,you can use the transparent
wrappers that are included in System.Data.SQLite directly.  I believe they
have the exact same API as the core C library but can be called directly
from .NET.  Robert put a lot of work writing C wrappers for the sqlite
library that can be called from .NET, something to do with changing the call
specs but I don't know the details.  No reason to re-invent the wheel.  :-)

Also, the System.Data.SQLite wrapper allows you to easily write custom
functions in .NET, scalar, aggregate, and collation.  Doing that without his
wrapper would be a lot more work.

HTH,

Sam