replying to my own message - i added the step function
that i needed...so:

sqlite_step(statement), in between the bind and
finalize..

i deleted all the entries from the table so i could
start over, so when i do a select on Images i get:

1|

so either somehow i cant see the contents of the blob
or there is nothing there at all.

any suggestions?