C S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -so it seems that despite my byte order being wrong?,
> i get the output back out exactly how i stored it in
> the original array.

There is nothing wrong with the byte order. It matches the native order
of your CPU.

> is there a problem here i should
> be concerned about in the long run or why i should
> change the order?

If you ever need to have the database file portable between machines
with different architecture (e.g. Intel Mac vs PowerPC Mac) you will
have to think about this endianness problem.

> i am running on a Linux Ubuntu machine.

The operating system is largely irrelevant. What's important is what
hardware you are running on.

Igor Tandetnik