-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Martin Engelschalk
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 9:29 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Any way to disable journaling & rollback?

Hello Donald,

I don't think so: The journal files are not synchronized on SYNCHRONOUS
= OFF, but they are still written, so transactions are still possible.

Martin

Griggs, Donald wrote:
> Regarding: " removing the call of FlushFileBuffers for each
> transaction made my application run 20 times faster."
>
> Since you don't need the integrity protection that transactions
> afford, would you not get the same performance gain using the standard

> source and setting SYNCHRONOUS to zero?
>

> This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses
using multiple scanners. We believe that this email and any attachments
are virus free, however the recipient must take full responsibility for
virus checking.
> This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of
this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for
any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.

* Codeswift GmbH *
Traunstr. 30
A-5026 Salzburg-Aigen
Tel: +49 (0) 8662 / 494330