Vasil Boshnyakov wrote:

> It is not so effective to read the file twice - the first time to check the
> compressed size and the second pass - to do the actual streaming in the
> blob. That is what I am trying to avoid.

Yes, I understand that, but SQLite is designed to store and retrieve
blobs, fixed size chunks of arbitrary data. It is not designed to
manipulate the contents of the blobs.

> What do you mean with: "... but you
> can replace it with another
> blob with a different size."?

You can't directly change the size of a blob. You can only change the
size by replacing one blob with another one of a different size.

> Is it possible to store the file in a bigger
> blob and then replace the blob with smaller one without to copy the raw blob
> data?

No, when you replace a blob you will need to copy the data into the
newly created smaller blob.

Dennis Cote