Just thinking again about indexing strategies on virtual tables, I'm wondering
why virtual tables could not be indexed using the "normal" SQLite command
"INDEX". Indeed, I just expected that the data inside the column of the virtual
table could be sequentially scanned (using the "xColumn" callback), producing
the same result as if it were a real table. Is that way of seeing things flawed?

Any hook allowing to use SQLite internal indexing techniques for virtual
tables? Maybe using direct b-tree manipulation (even if I know it's not
recommended)? I'm not very keen on developing my own from stratch. Dealing with
"big" tables that don't fit into memory does not seem so easy because I'll have
to use a temporary disk file...

Some help would be greatly appreciated!
Aladdin

Faites vous de nouveaux amis grâce à l'annuaire des profils Messenger !
http://home.services.spaces.live.com/search/?page=searchresults&ss=true&FormId=AdvPeopleSearch&form=SPXFRM&tp=3&sc=2&pg=0&Search.DisplayName=Nom+public&search.gender=&search.age=&Search.FirstName=Pr%C3%A9nom&Search.LastName=Nom&search.location=Lieu&search.occupation=Profession&search.interests=amis&submit=Rechercher