"Farzana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> We have already created such index but we have to use ORDER BY in the
> query explicitly to sort the data by BrandDescription.

Of course. Why do you believe this is a problem? How else do you expect
SQLite to know you want results sorted by this column? SQLite will see
there's a suitable index, and will use it to speed up ORDER BY clause.

If the query is still slower than you hoped, post the statement here,
and also post the output of this statement:

explain query plan select <the rest of your statement here>;

Igor Tandetnik