Rajesh Nair wrote:
> Is there any program to develop sqlite in C++.

See http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers for a selection
of C++ wrappers.

I would suggest trying CppSQlite since it is a thin wrapper with source
available for free.

> I have developed a C++ wrapper for sqlite3.x but if sqlite3 itself is
> developed in C++ then it could be more readable.

I'm fairly certain that's not going to happen. Great effort has been put
into keeping SQLite's source clean C code with no C++ isms.

C is still the lingua franca of the computing world, and probably will
be for quite some time. The fact that SQLite is written in C, which
almost any language can interface with, and not C++ is a large part of
the reason that so many different language wrappers have been written.

Most C++ compilers can be told to compile a source file as C rather than
C++ to avoid extraneous errors.

> I know C, but not a hardcore C programmer.....And is working with VC++ for
> last 6 years (MFC and ATL) .

You don't need to program in C to use SQLite. There are wrappers for
most languages and many frameworks.

HTH
Dennis Cote