On 6/11/08, Christophe Leske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Shane Harrelson schrieb:
> > Were you able to try this Christophe?   I expect it to only be a very
> slight
> > performance improvement, but I'm still curious as to how much.
> >
> Shane,
>
> thanks for getting back to me for this, but I haven´t tried this yet. I
> will do so now. However, i need 7 dimensions now in my rtree class, as i
> added the size of the city to the rtree table (along with lon and lat)

If you only have longitude, lattitude, and class, (7 columns, min/max for
each plus id), then you only have 3 dimensions and you can set the max
dimensions define to 3.

#define RTREE_MAX_DIMENSIONS 3

My setup is somewhat special, in that i am using the sqlite3 command
> line interpreter for querying the database and then retrieving the info
> via stdout.
>
> I was also busy investigating a crash that occured when using the rtree
> extension under Windows Vista - it seems as if there is a path size
> limit and/or path character issue in sqlite3.
>
> My client was using a long, convulated path to the directory holding the
> database and extension, and the app kept crashing although it worked
> here for me on my Vista machine.
>
> Moving the app to a root folder of the disk fixed the issue apparently.
>
> I got several questions regarding this:
>
> - what is the path length imposed in sqlite for extension loading?
> - are there any special characters not to use in a path to an extension?

- are there any special switches one is supposed to use for Vista
> compilation of the rtree extension?

I am not aware of any special switches for Vista.

- what is the scheduled publishing date (if any) for Sqlite 3.6 in which