> Once again, all of these problems doesn't happen before the creation of
> the Direct3D device. Does anyone ever used SQLite successfully in a
> full-screen 3D game ?

 From what you describe, it seems that the compiler is performing
single-precision, rather than double-precision, math.  After a quick
Google search, I found a few posts indicating that Direct3D silently
switches the FPU from double to single precision math, presumably in
order to improve performance.

While it seems nearly unconscionable that a graphics library would mess
with the FPU, the good news is that it appears you can override this
default behavior when creating a 3D device.  See "FpuPreserve" flag:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb153282(VS.85).aspx

Hope this helps,
  Eric