"Nikolaus Rath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> What happens if
>
> 1. I prepare and execute a select statement
> 2. I retrieve a couple of rows
> 3. I execute a new query that would change the result of the
>    query in 1

On the same connection, I assume.

> 4. I continue to retrieve the results of 1)
>
> Will I get the results as if step 3 hasn't happened, is the result
> undefined, or will my result set somehow be updated?

You may or may not see the changes introduced by step 3. E.g. if step 3
updates a record that you've already visited, you naturally won't visit
it again and thus won't see the changes. But if it updates a record you
haven't visited yet, when you get to it you will see the new data.

Igor Tandetnik